Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 14 Prompt 2

One area of writing that I will continue to work on after English 101 is to use my sources to their fullest potential. English 101 taught me that resources are very important in any kind of paper. Resources are the evidence that will back up your thesis statement; therefore, making your paper much stronger. Without any type of evidence your paper will be nothing more than your own opinion. No reader will listen to you because they could write the same exact paper. However, with scholarly resources, the reader will know you worked hard and they can believe your thesis. One way that I will employ doing so is in future research papers. I will take what I have learned this year and apply it to future assignments.
Another area of writing that I will continue to work on after English 101 is blogs. I have a Xanga account that I do write in. Blogs are something fun to do that helps you express yourself. You can write about anything you want and no one can criticize you on it. You don’t need any evidence to back up what you write about because this is all free writing. I really did enjoy blogs this semester, the only that was hard about it was the deadline.

No comments: