Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 3 Prompt 1

Strategies that I will adopt from A Writer’s Reference to use for my paper include: letting details tell your story, structuring your essay like a story, and making connections between your experiences and those of your readers.
I want to use details in telling my story because it not only helps capture the attention of the reader but also keeps the attention of the reader. As a reader myself I am more captivated by a personal essay when the reader gives better details. Because it helps you imagine yourself in place of the writer throughout the story.
Another strategy that I would use in my personal essay is to structure my essay like a story. Stories tend to be more interesting and captivating than an essay. The chronological sequence helps the reader and writer keep track of the happening events. And because most stories are in chronological order it will help the reader relate it to a story.
The last strategy that I would use is to make connections with your readers. By personally connecting to your reader it makes the reader understand a greater amount of what we’re trying to get through.

No comments: