Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 6 Prompt 2

Benefits of peer review include having people around your age reading it. This means your writing will probably be understood more than if someone older were to read it. When I write it’s usually to target those around my age because we’re going through the same things. Another benefit of having peer review is that they can find mistakes you might not catch. Sometimes I will overlook small mistakes that could cost me points on a paper. However, if I have someone peer edit it then they could catch it. One more benefit of having peer review is you can learn from their paper. For example, they could put an idea in a way that you would have never thought of.
One difficulty of having peer review is having to write some harsh comments about that paper. It can offend the person or they could take it the wrong way. Sometimes it the paper will be so bad that you cannot write anything positive. That is something very hard to do for me.

No comments: